We are on the hunt for an accountant with a difference.
If sometimes you wonder whether you’re an entrepreneur or creative trapped inside an accountant’s body, now is the time to embrace the fullness of you.
Maybe you’ve worked in a big accounting firm but have decided it’s not for you; maybe you’d like more autonomy and ownership of your work; maybe you’re wired for high growth and don’t mind change; maybe you don’t want to be a small cog in a big machine anymore; maybe you want to see the impact of your work every day; maybe it’s time to work for a place that leads with purpose and has people at its heart. Whatever the reason you’re reading this, we’d love to hear from you!
We are hiring an accountant to join our outstanding team to provide support to the Finance Chapter and deliver a consistently high level of financial adherence and purchasing and budgetary controls. This is a role with our Finance Chapter, and you will work with some of the kindest, most thoughtful and supportive finance and accounting people you will ever meet. There is ample chance to grow and add to your skills; your work will make a real difference, not just for us, but for the many New Zealand businesses we serve.
We are a fast-growing and dynamic company, so when it comes to your own personal development, the sky is the limit! You will be well cared for and supported every step of the way. If you want an environment where you can grow and develop, and find new roles and opportunities in your work, then this is the place for you.
At Tax Traders, we hire for character and competence. We work with every team member to create the job that best suits their unique skills and capabilities.
Key responsibilities of this role are:
- The basic functions include company financial position reporting, Xero transactional processing, processing and payment controls, banking reconciliations, and debtor and creditor control.
- Financial budgeting and forecasting, and monthly financial reporting/forecasting to track the performance and forecast of Tax Traders.
- Input into the financial strategy of Tax Traders and our future strategic direction.
- Working with our customer solutions team to ensure that the tax transactions are processed in a timely manner.
- Working on system issues (testing, development) to ensure that we are constantly innovating (N.B. this will stretch this role beyond the normal “accountant” duties).
To do well in this role, we think you’ll need:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications or the equivalent working experience (degrees aren’t everything but they can help!).
- Proven and visible management accounting experience, with experience determining forecasting and inventory costing.
- A highly analytical approach and attention to detail, used across your wide range of responsibilities, from customer pricing strategies to cash flow forecasting.
- Ability to see beyond the numbers and understand the why and not just the what, to provide possible reasons for causation.
- The willingness to take and give honest feedback, reflect and grow as a result with high levels of self-awareness and a growth mindset.
- A commitment to the wider vision and mission of Tax Traders, an excellent alignment with our culture and DNA, and a good level of comfort with change.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a personable manner, predisposition for teamwork and adaptability.
- A desire to bring your whole self to work and embrace and contribute to the culture of the organisation.