If you love dialling in systems and software to help users thrive and business go faster, then we could be the place for you.
We are seeking a skilled and knowledgeable Cyber Security and ICT specialist to join our team and take the lead in ensuring the safety and security of our information systems and technology.
In this Cyber Security and ICT role, you will work with the talented members of our tribe to implement security measures, respond to security incidents, provide general ICT support and lead a programme of innovative and strategic improvements to our ICT infrastructure.
You will have exceptionally high standards with a passion ICT that embodies both elegance and rock-solid security. You will be a high achiever and love to work at a place that values this.
We are a fast-growing and dynamic company, so when it comes to your own personal and career development, the sky is the limit! You will be well cared for and supported every step of the way. If you want an environment where you can grow and develop, and find new roles and opportunities in your work, then this is the place for you.
At Tax Traders, we hire for character and competence. We work with every team member to create the job that best suits their unique skills and capabilities.
Key responsibilities of this role are:
- Lead the implementation and maintenance of ISO 27001 compliant security policies, procedures, and controls for all IT systems.
- Provide technical support to the organisation regarding computer hardware, software, peripherals (e.g. printers) and network issues.
- Become an expert and advocate for the software to enhance our usage and productivity.
- Monitor and assess the security posture of IT systems to ensure compliance with ISO 27001 standards.
- Develop and maintain an information security management system (ISMS) to manage risks to information security.
- Conduct regular security risk assessments and ensure that any identified vulnerabilities are addressed in a timely manner.
- Maintain an up-to-date inventory of IT assets and ensure that access to those assets is properly controlled.
- Create and maintain backups of critical data and systems to ensure business continuity in case of a disaster or data loss.
- Implement and maintain intrusion detection and prevention systems to detect and prevent unauthorised access to IT systems.
- Provide training and awareness programs for employees on ISO 27001 compliance and information security best practices.
- Manage user accounts and access to company resources, including email accounts and cloud software tools.
- Keep abreast of emerging technologies and trends, and recommend solutions to improve company efficiency and productivity.
- Provide training and support to employees on how to use various hardware and software tools.
To do well in this role, we think you’ll need:
- A genuine love of connecting and helping people with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and a deep focus on making things work beautifully for the people that make up our business.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a personable manner, predisposition for teamwork and adaptability.
- A strong innovative bent and desire to engage in thought leadership across your areas of expertise.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Cyber Security, or a related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Cyber Security and ICT Support roles.
- Experience with cyber security tools and technologies, such as firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention systems, anti-malware solutions, and vulnerability scanners.
- Experience with networking protocols and technologies, including TCP/IP, VPNs, and VLANs.
- Experience with ISO27001 compliance.
- Familiarity with operating systems such as Windows, Linux, and MacOS.
- Knowledge of cloud computing technologies such as AWS and Azure.
- The willingness to take and give honest feedback, reflect and grow as a result with high levels of self-awareness and a growth mindset.
- A commitment to the wider vision and mission of Tax Traders, an excellent alignment with our culture and DNA, and a good level of comfort with change.
- A desire to bring your whole self to work and embrace and contribute to the culture of the organisation.